Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Three (little?) Words

I process through writing. You are under no obligation to read. Adrenaline made it impossible for me to easily fall asleep last night, so there are 8-10 Blog Posts swimming around in my brain today. I will try to post only 1 per day and keep them on point. I have watched far stronger women climb much steeper paths than the one God has placed me on. (If you don't know what I am talking about, see yesterday's post from Brent's blog here.) I do NOT claim to even touch their strength and I am not out to prove anything except that God knows what he is doing, even when I do not.

There might be days that my candor offends, I sort of apologize and sort of don't. I would rather just speak plainly and hope that there is a little nugget of encouragement in there for someone. If this caught your attention even for a moment, it is because you are part of my little world that spans all over this big world and because of that, know that you are loved.

So- it doesn't take much, does it? A tiny shift in tectonic plates makes the earth tremble for miles. A spark from a train wheel sets a dry pasture on fire. The space between life and death covers but just a breath. Small moments make big differences. I had one of those yesterday.

As an English teacher I am used to using many words. Yesterday it was merely three words that hit their mark. You have cancer. In the 1.5 seconds that it took for the doctor to say that to me, my whole world changed. Or did it?? I didn't feel any different, in fact I actually felt way better yesterday than I did the day before. I didn't look any different, in the mirror I saw the same collection of hair, makeup and wardrobe I had assembled that morning. Those words only made a difference when I believed them, not when I heard them. Isn't our journey with Jesus the same? 3 words, Jesus loves you. You can hear those words, sing those words, read those words hundreds of times and yet they do not make a difference until you believe them.

Three words can be powerful. Especially when you do something with them. I have a feeling that over the next few months I'm going to have quite a few 3-word moments. Here's to hoping that not too many of them include the following: "This day sucks"or "I feel yucky." I prefer "I got this." "Kids are happy." "God is good."

More words to come... Tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Love your candor, Amy. Praying for a quick recovery.
    Love,
    Laura Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty. HE is near, dear friend. Praying for grace to sustain you and patience in the midst of the unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hold you in prayer as you embark this new journey. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13 reminds me of His presence and faithful promises. My 3 words for you today are " I love you"

    ReplyDelete